Academic Case Manager – College and Career
Organization: Operation Progress L.A.
Type of Work: Full-Time
Location: South Los Angeles, CA
Operation Progress (OP) works in the community of Watts to empower underserved youth to become educated, ethical and productive adults who reach their full potential and positively contribute to society.
OP is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the College and Career Academic Case Manager (CC- ACM). The CC-ACM will oversee college and career readiness programming for youth through high school academic case management and group mentoring. The ideal candidate is a successful youth worker with a solutions-oriented mindset, and a commitment to building excellent programs for youth. Candidates must also understand and value Operation Progress comprehensive approach to youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization. Come join an organization that is entering its second decade of offering high-quality programming to youth and families in the Watts community of Los Angeles.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Case Management and Programmatic Scope
- Mentor a caseload of 25-30 high school scholars through regular one-on-one meetings, team
meetings, and cohort-based workshops;
- Support scholars to meet a set of academic, high school, college & career, and social/ emotional
milestones (i.e., connecting scholars and families with community resources, following-up with individuals as appropriate & document success of referral; maintain all scholar records in a timely manner, document progress notes on all interactions; assist scholars in the implementation and modification of their Scholar Success Plan (SSP);
- Lead monthly learning and team building experiences for scholars, such as high school and college visits, service projects, resume workshops, mock interviews, industry-specific guest speakers, and company tours;
- Effectively implement and administer the College & Career program services and activities; (Evenings and Weekends);
- Assist parent/guardian(s), individually or in groups, with developing and executing academic, career, and personal plans (i.e., financial, navigating college campus, being a commuter student, internships, etc.) with their scholars;
- Coordinate special projects, events and activities to increase college awareness amongst households – college research, application, scholarships, and FAFSA processes (Evenings and Weekends);
- Communicate with school administration regarding program implementation logistics and management, on-site (weekly);
- Match scholars with summer internships, enrichment programs, career specific academic programs on college campus, and other programs that further develop interest and life skills;
- Collaborate with Operation Progress Program staff to support youth participation in after-school and/or summer activities (i.e., onboarding/supervising) High School Summer Interns for Summer Bridge.
- Coordinate, implement, evaluate and develop Operation Progress college and career readiness
- Oversee and coordinate participant preparation and onboarding;
- Assist participants in clearly developing and articulating SMART goals; ensure all participants
meet well-defined college readiness milestones;
- Coordinate activities with combined school program staff, as well as, Operation Progress eco- system partners/coordinators.
- Collaborate with program staff to administer assessments and collect scholar outcome data;
- Collaborate with partner schools (i.e., St. Mary’s Academy & St. Pius X – St. Matthias) to assess capacity to deliver services in a school-based model;
- Provide additional support, as needed to all Operation afterschool and summer programs.
Hours are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM with some later evenings, weekends, and summer programming required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use ‘College & Career, Academic Case Manager – Candidate’ in the subject line.